Fall is my favorite time of year in Murfreesboro. The foliage is exquisite especially around the square and MTSU. The smells of apple pie and hot chocolate is in the air and my favorite is what is not in the air pollen. I am actually able to smell the great scents of fall after I get my fall cleaning done.
The fall cleaning is hands down the most important house cleaning of the year in Murfreesboro. You need to get all of those allergens, cob webs and spiders out before you seal you house up for the winter. Who wants to be stuck all winter with all of the worst parts of summer.
House cleaning for the fall takes a systematic approach here are some tips.
- If you use a service for bugs have them come out a week in advance. (Personally I like All Time Exterminating for the Murfreesboro area)
- Fire up the heating systems first and let them run for at least 2 hours (I usually leave the house).
- Make sure that there are no unusual odors after having the heat on.
- Dedicate a day to the cleaning (or just hire us we will come out that morning and later in the afternoon).
- Early in the morning dust everything above your waist from top to bottom and I mean everything from on top of each cabinet, china, trophies, refrigerator, ceiling fans, light fixtures etc..
- Make sure every fan is off and the heating system is off.
- Go enjoy something for 5 hours outside of your house.
- Wipe all surfaces down from top to bottom with a damp cloth and a disinfecting solution. (We use Green Works)
- Scrub all floors and the dry mop(no brooms or vacuums).
- Clean all carpets and upholstery with a upholstery/carpet cleaner.
Now you are ready for a great fall and winter. If this sounds like a lot of work, get a 10% discount on fall house cleaning in Murfreesboro. Just ask for the Fall Special.