Toxicity of cleaning products you buy at Walmart.

Posted · Add Comment

Why do we buy commercial cleaning products?

We want them to clean, disinfect, sanitize, smell nice and clean, most of all we want them to get rid of all the nasty germs that can makes us sick! But what we are not told is that so many of the products that we buy are toxic to our health. They are so poisonous if ingested and can be extremely harmful if inhaled or absorbed through your skin. These products can be the reason you are sick.

The FDA has approved some cleaning products that are so toxic they cause immediate respiratory irritation, burning in the eyes, and or skin irritation. Other can have long-term effects such as cancer.

As stated by Philip Dickey of the Washington Toxics Coalition, the most extremely dangerous cleaning products that you may have in your home are harmful oven cleaners, corrosive drain cleaners, and acidic toilet cleaners. Severe burns in eyes and skin can be caused by these chemicals and can even kill you if they are ingested. Chlorine bleach and ammonia are two ingredients that have high acute toxicity and causes fumes that irritate the nose, eyes, throat and lungs and should NOT be used by people with asthma, lung or heart problems. Mixing these two chemicals can be deadly.

House hold cleaners have other ingredients that may contain low acute toxicity but will have long-tern health problems, such as hormone disruption and cancer. There are some all-purpose cleaners that contain the sudsing agent’s deithanolamine (DEA) and triethanolamine (TEA). When these two ingredients are in contact with nitrites, most of the time it presents undetected supplement or poisonous impurities, they tend to form nitrosamines – carcinogens that can pass through the skin.

 

Cleaning Murfreesboro

See how clean green can be.